• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Tortilla Chips--a good thing!

zoe b

these are from FoodShouldTasteGood

they were on sale, so a hungry shopper--me--bought them.

Really good--taste like good grainy tortilla chips, with the very slightly sweet, strong and a little bitter flavor of dutch cocoa--, and last of all--they're salty! And they crunch!

Also got the olive ones--they're kind of meh--olive taste is faint--acceptable but nothing special--but the chocolate's another matter--I'm having them with ice cream tonight.....

Zoe

• 2 weeks later...
I had the Vosges ones and they were no where worth the money you paid.  But, that said, I do think corn, salt and chocolate are friendly bedfellows.

My sister became enamored with the Vosges and now makes a version with thinner chips coated with dark chocolate and dusted with hand-ground chilis. :wub:

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know if these are still available? I tried to order a case last week and my supplier isn't carrying them anymore (the chocolate ones -- they still list all of the other flavours).