• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gordon Ramsay au Trianon & La Veranda

PhilD

Oh I forgot the price! umm I seem to remember it being about 340 euro in total including tip.

It was in May that we ate there.

There were alot of people in the brasserie I must say. But yes it was in the restaurant that we ate.

I have some photos of the restaurant if your interested?

I've been to the actual restaurant there and found it good.........I haven't been there since Ramsey but I imagine it to be somewhat similar from what I've read.  I can't remember the brasserie so I am just assuming he's in the restaurant. 

I am afraid it is impossible to claim you have eaten in a restaurant before it actually existed...!

OK the hotel had a restaurant and brasserie before Ramsay opened his two restaurants. But they are totally different restaurants, they just happen to be on the same site.

However, you are correct in saying Ramsay trained in France he worked for both Guy Savoy and Joel Robuchon.