• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cannes

Jaymes

Arriving on a cruise ship for one day, just one day, in Cannes.

Are there any restaurants within a fairly easy cab ride from the cruise ship pier where a gal & her papa might be able to get a tasty bowl of bouillabaisse?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Are there any restaurants within a fairly easy cab ride from the cruise ship pier where a gal & her papa might be able to get a tasty bowl of bouillabaisse?

YOu have one of the best and most expensive bouillabaisse, around the corner in golfe-juan at Tetou.You're right at the beach(ask for a window table).Excellent ingredients and ambiance.D'ont forget to drink local wines such as Domaine d'ott .

Remember you're no longer in vietnam where the cruise ship went and the insights you had .Bon appetit

A bit, but not much, further away (a very easy cab ride) in Cap D'Antibes, is Bacon. Wonderful bouillabaisse, but every bit as expensive as Tetou. Wine list is a gem if that is a consideration. Service is friendly, but not overbearing. Right above the water. Just perfect for a gal and her papa.

Thanks y'all!

Do you know if Tatou and/or Bacon are open for lunch? Would they require 24-hours notice for the bouillabaisse?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Thanks y'all!

Do you know if Tatou and/or Bacon are open for lunch?  Would they require 24-hours notice for the bouillabaisse?

Bacon is closed Monday and Tuesday for lunch. Tétou on Wednesday. They are open for lunch the rest of the week. You need to call to reserve; if there is a congress or festival in Cannes, as there frequently is, they can be booked up. You don't need to tell Tétou you will have bouillabaisse; that is all they serve. I imagine that Bacon always has the ingredients fresh and on hand.

Edited by MichaelCE (log)

Michael

www.epicures.wordpress.com

Thanks y'all!

Do you know if Tatou and/or Bacon are open for lunch?  Would they require 24-hours notice for the bouillabaisse?

Bacon is closed Monday and Tuesday for lunch. Tétou on Wednesday. They are open for lunch the rest of the week. You need to call to reserve; if there is a congress or festival in Cannes, as there frequently is, they can be booked up. You don't need to tell Tétou you will have bouillabaisse; that is all they serve. I imagine that Bacon always has the ingredients fresh and on hand.

Several people have cautioned that bouillabaisse for two is "quite expensive," and that they don't take credit cards. Can anyone tell me how much is "quite expensive"? How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks y'all!

Several people have cautioned that bouillabaisse for two is "quite expensive," and that they don't take credit cards. Can anyone tell me how much is "quite expensive"? How much should we expect to pay?

Tetou is closed all day wed and lunch monday. Bouillabaisse costs 90 to 115 euros per person(cash).Langoustine accounts for the difference.Desserts and wine is extra.Incidentally, You'll find many cars with swiss plates.

The ingredients are 1st rate.I find the bouillabaisse is better at tetou than at Bacon.

Its an experience worth a visit if you like seafood.

So we're looking at a minimum USD300+. And we also have to stop in at the DHL office to ship stuff home.

Sigh.

So we're looking at a minimum USD300+.  And we also have to stop in at the DHL office to ship stuff home.

Sigh.

I agree.A simple fisherman's dish that costs an arm and a leg.It was quite reasonable many years ago ,but when demand increased ,prices soared.

Excellent ingredients and wonderful beach location.I found the bouillabaisse tastier at Tetou than at bacon,except ,perhaps in Marseille ,where its also quite reasonable.So when is the day? PLease give us your take of the place