• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Columbia MD Saturday lunch, ethnic, quick

You might try the Iron Bridge Wine Company, which didn't strike me as brilliant but was certainly tasty enough, and is actually owned by someone I knew 25 years ago in high school. It's reviews have been good enough that I don't feel too nepotistic recommending it. If the owner (Steve Wecker) is in, mentioning my name will certainly get you a grin and maybe a free club soda or something.

Sadly, since my days busboying through the restaurant scene in Columbia, it seems to have been overwhelmed by the chains. My very first place of employment is now a Clyde's, for example.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Thanks all; quick report.

We at at Johnny Wong's Asean Bistro which was OK but after two successive fine meals at a similarly-based (eg Lao-Thai-Viet-Chinese) resto Lao Lane Xang 2 in Paris, it paled in comparison.

We'll try the Iron Bridge Wine Company next opera date.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris