• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hell's Kitchen U.S. (2008)

CKatCook

I was really hoping that Petrozza or Christina would have had the balls to tell Matt and Jen to get the  fuck out of their kitchen.

OMG - I was hopin' and prayin' for that, too. Someone should have asked me

to do it . . . it would have made my day.

:raz:

Well, nowhere at the homepage of "Gordon Ramsay at the London, West Hollywood" is there any mention of Christina.

Not that I'm surprised. You aren't going to install a culinary student in any sort of leading position when you have a critical restaurant opening.

http://www.gordonramsay.com/gratthelondonwh/

Whatever became of Heather, season 1 winner? I bet Christina came back to NY and wrapped up her training at the CIA, and is probably stashed away somewhere, right now, training and working in a Ramsay restaurant. Believe me, GR Holdings has now invested heavily in her, so they'll give her as much hands-on as they can. If you notice from last week's episode, "Sarge", who was once a sous chef at GR's Hospital Road restuarant (I believe) when they shot Boiling Point (1995), is the exec chef at another of Gordo's restos. So Christina will resurface.

I'm not doubting that they will offer her some sort of position and she will of course get the money, but the whole "executive chef at my new restaurant" spiel never sounded very likely.

Mark Sargeant has worked for Ramsay forever and if you are good enough to survive that, of course GRH will take care of you.

Edited by TheSwede (log)

I was really hoping that Petrozza or Christina would have had the balls to tell Matt and Jen to get the  fuck out of their kitchen.

OMG - I was hopin' and prayin' for that, too. Someone should have asked me

to do it . . . it would have made my day.

:raz:

Yes, it would have scored points in the "take charge of your brigade" category.

My theory on why this didn't happen: They were explicitly forbidden by the producers to kick out Jen and Matt. It makes for more exciting (Fox-style) TV to be forced to deal with them. It allows the producers to edit over three hours of footage into twenty minutes(?) of compelling (Fox-style) strife. Where's the entertainment value in shiny happy people all getting along? :wink:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"HELL'S KITCHEN" IS NOW CASTING THE BEST CHEFS IN AMERICA!

FOX's SIZZLING unscripted series "HELL'S KITCHEN" is back for MORE as Chef Gordon Ramsay looks for the BEST of the BEST to work beside him in the HOTTEST kitchen on Earth! The nation wide casting call starts October 1st, and we're in search of America's culinary elite who not only have the SKILLS, but the STAMINA to cook alongside the infamous, CHEF GORDON RAMSAY.

"HELL'S KITCHEN"

will follow the chefs 24/7 through the perils of working in Chef Ramsay's PRESSURE COOKING restaurant, capturing the wrath, HEATED emotion and adrenaline RUSH that comes with cooking in a top-notch restaurant. Contestants will have to prove they have the endurance and know-how to work with Chef Ramsay, as they are pushed to their limits.

CASTING

is searching for Chefs, 21 and over, who are outspoken, competitive and can stand the HEAT in one of the most EXCLUSIVE and TOUGH kitchens in the world. Applicants must be passionate, skilled at their craft and aim to become the next winner of "HELL'S KITCHEN."

If you are HUNGRY to prove you can SMOKE the competition then visit www.fox.com/hellskitchen for open call locations and general casting information.

Below are the dates and cities where we will be having our Open Calls:

MONDAY OCTOBER 6th, 2008

1:00pm- 5:00 pm

The Conlin Company

11835 Major St. Suite 106

Culver City, CA 90230

Email: Kitchencasting@gmail.com

MONDAY OCTOBER 6th, 2008

2pm- 5pm

Scottsdale Culinary Institute

4301 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite 260

Scottsdale, AZ

Email: chasecastingshows@yahoo.com

TUESDAY OCTOBER 7th, 2008

5pm- 10pm

Barcelona

15440 N Greenway Hayden Loop

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

FRIDAY OCTOBER 10th, 2008

10am- 3pm

The Artistry

942 Peachtree St. NE

Atlanta, GA 30309

Email: LCastmaster@gmail.com

SUNDAY OCTOBER 12th, 2008

10am- 6pm

Boston Hyatt

Boston Park Plaza

50 Park Plaza at Arlington St.

Boston, MA 02116

SUNDAY OCTOBER 12th, 2008

11am- 3pm

Hard Rock Café

801 4th Ave.

San Diego, CA 92101

MONDAY OCTOBER 13th, 2008

Washington D.C.

Location TBD

Email: realityshowcasting@gmail.com

SUNDAY OCTOBER 19th, 2008

Dallas, TX

Location TBD

SUNDAY OCTOBER 19th, 2008

Chicago, IL

Location TBD

Email: realityshowcasting@gmail.com

MONDAY OCTOBER 20th, 2008

11:00am- 5:00pm

Sutton Place

1015 Second Avenue (Between 53rd & 54th St)

New York, New York 10022

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 22nd, 2008

Las Vegas, NV

Location TBD

FRIDAY OCTOBER 24th, 2008

Miami, FL

Location TBD

Email: LCastmaster@gmail.com

Please check back for updates or call 866.226.2226 for more info!

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

• 2 months later...

While I was in DC last week, I read that Rock will be opening a restaurant next to Ben's Chili Bowl. He is hoping to have it open for the inauguration.

The "Hell's Kitchen" winner and Alexandria native is leaving Las Vegas after his one-year victory stint as head chef at Terra Verde at the Green Valley Ranch Resort. "The new atmosphere here, the inauguration and working with a powerhouse food provider in D.C. -- it was a no-brainer," Harper, 32, said.

Did I see right and that the season premiere is on Jan 29th?

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child