• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hell's Kitchen U.S. (2008)

CKatCook

Nothing wrong with getting paid. In fact, some of those participants are so bad I suspect they ARE getting paid. I thought each year had a "ringer" that was just too bad to be real. This year, I think they all are.

Count me in. I will even do pratfalls if they like after GR hits me with halibut.

Yeah, I seem to remember Jenn giving Louross HELL when he lost the challenge

for the team, but when Jenn screwed up and forgot the sauce and lost it for

the team, she didn't get any guff from the others.

BIOTCH needs to hit the road and GROW UP.

I have been trying to figure out this dilemma. If I was a three star chef how much money would it take before I went on national television and publicised my products were being unloaded from a Sysco truck. :laugh:

Robert R

What was that somebody said . . . ?  A five-year-old trapped in a 35-year-old

body?  That just about sums it up.

I REALLY thought he was going go Full Metal Jacket. So whiny. Such a hot mess. And so delusional about his abilities - or lack thereof. I suspect he was the kid other little boys just kicked in the head until he bled from the ears. Just a guess.

I REALLY thought he was going go Full Metal Jacket. So whiny. Such a hot mess. And so delusional about his abilities - or lack thereof. I suspect he was the kid other little boys just kicked in the head until he bled from the ears. Just a guess.

Wow Claudia, I've always taken you for an uptown girl. The streets must be a lot meaner these days. So, so, brutal...

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

I swore if Matt was kept on, I would stop watching. It would be proof it was a fake show. but I guess I'm stuck with it.

BTW, I read GR completely remodeled his 3 star with his S1 take. It's like when Steve Martin does Father of the Bride to pay for Lapin Rouge....

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

Wow Claudia, I've always taken you for an uptown girl. The streets must be a lot meaner these days. So, so, brutal...

An INDIGENOUS uptown girl. The streets are a lot NICER these days. Bourdain and I aren't (!) :biggrin::laugh:

Why?  That upset that Bobby left? :)

I, for one, am so pleased Bobby got the boot. He has never show a moment of talent, and he's shown plenty of mediocrity. This is the part of the show where if you are adequate, GR gets around to cutting you.

Personally I cannot stand Bobby. The bombast, the bullsh*t, and the constant duck and cover your *ss got to me.

My prediction: Corey vs. Christina, with Corey for the win. Christina's come a long way, but can she stay consistent? GR has harped on her inexperience too. I'm not certain he'd feel comfortable with her, and it is his hire.

(edited for clarity and spelling)

Edited by et alors (log)

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

I realize I'm probably the only one to bitch about this, but GR is supposed to be doing some fancy food, and his annoying maitre 'd can't even serve properly or teach the wait staff to do the same - so let me tell you - serve from the left and remove from the right - not that hard, Jean-Phillipe.

2. I'm waiting to see how low Fox can go - the Hawaiian tropic girls perhaps topless in the next episode?

3. Is there a major tobacco sponsor for this show? I mean, it's great to see all these chefs smoking, isn't it? I always thought smoking screwed up one's taste buds - but in this case, I guess it doesn't matter much. Nor does the message to any youngsters watching the show that it just looks so cool to smoke.

Hell's Kitchen makes Top Chef seem like Masterpiece Theatre.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I realize I'm probably the only one to bitch about this, but GR is supposed to be doing some fancy food, and his annoying maitre 'd can't even serve properly or teach the wait staff to do the same - so let me tell you - serve from the left and remove from the right - not that hard, Jean-Phillipe.

2.  I'm waiting to see how low Fox can go - the Hawaiian tropic girls perhaps topless in the next episode?

3.  Is there a major tobacco sponsor for this show?  I mean, it's great to see all these chefs smoking, isn't it?  I always thought smoking screwed up one's taste buds - but in this case, I guess it doesn't matter much.  Nor does the message to any youngsters watching the show that it just looks so cool to smoke.

Hell's Kitchen makes Top Chef seem like Masterpiece Theatre.

I enjoyed watching The General, Mr. Bragadoccio Bobby, forward march it right out the side door. Mediocre cook. But what I really loved was watching the normally cool, composed JP nearly lose it when he found out the 12-top were all Hawaiian Tropic models. "Zen, lay-tair, we can all go to the BEEEEEEEEACH!" Squealed like a little girl just thinking about it. Now, THAT was worth it.

I'm afraid poor Jen is going to be beaten like a cheap gong over the next few weeks. The other two girls hate her, and it looks like Ramsay's done fallen out of love with her. Which is too bad. I think she's better than her recent f____ up demonstrates. She might have survived the raw fish service, but when Petrozza delivered her John Dory to the pass without checking with her - WTF? And Gordo was NOT going to listen to her protest her innocence. Best thing she could've done was just "Yes, chef!" him until he went after someone else. But it was still unfair.

Petrozza is making me progressively nervous with his cleanliness issues. Oy.

And, yeah, we all KNOW we're watching next week!! :biggrin:

I haven't watched Hells Kitchen since the first season... it made me a uncomfortable watching Ramsay yell at a bunch of amateurs... making it in the restaurant business has nothing to do with being abused by a Brit with an anger management problems. lol Still, it definitely has its moments and raises general culinary awareness. I'm glad to see it's still going strong.

"I take a vitamin everyday- it's called steak."

I'm quite sure Jean-Phillipe is actually an actor, not a maitre'd...

Hahaha! No, he REALLY is one of Gordo's maitre'ds - there's Jean-Philippe, Jean-Baptiste, and Jean-Claude. Mercifully, there are about a dozen more who aren't Jean-anythings (!)

Jean Claude @ Restaurant Gordon Ramsay:

http://www.gordonramsay.com/royalhospitalroad/chefs/maitred/

Jean-Philippe Susolivic @ Petrus:

http://www.gordonramsay.com/petrus/chef/restaurantmanager/

Jean-Baptiste at Gordon Ramsay at the London (NY):

http://www.gordonramsay.com/gratthelondon/...taurantmanager/

Glad Bobby is gone. The guy slid under the radar way too long. I still love Jen and her crazy comments.

Did anyone else notice the glaring horrible editing? During dinner service, when JP hit his face he went from wearing a blue tie to an orange one.

And I still love the show. It's pure entertainment.