• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Duck eggs?

takadi

I live around DC and I am wondering where/how to purchase duck eggs. I've read some places that they sold duck eggs and even quail eggs at Whole Foods, but there were none of those at my local Whole Foods.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I live around DC and I am wondering where/how to purchase duck eggs. I've read some places that they sold duck eggs and even quail eggs at Whole Foods, but there were none of those at my local Whole Foods.

Anyone have any suggestions?

An Asian market, farmer's market, or butcher's shop?

Asian market...*smacks head*

Do you know of any good farmer's markets around DC? Not sure about the quality of the sources in an Asian market

Sorry, can't help you there. Come to think of it, I have no idea if Asian markets will have duck eggs, but I don't see why the quality of Asian markets in the DC area would be questionable. There's a sizeable Asian population in that tri-state area.