• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Regalade, L'Os a Moelle, Afaria, or Grand Pan?

plafield

I'd love to hear a compare and contrast of these 4 places (food, decor, ambiance, service) and if you had to choose just one to travel out from city center to dine in, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

I'd love to hear a compare and contrast of these 4 places (food, decor, ambiance, service) and if you had to choose just one to travel out from city center to dine in, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

La Regalade, L'Os a Moelle, Afaria, or Grand Pan?

Well none of their decor is Philippe Starck; all of their ambiance is pleasant and service much the same, maybe Afaria has the edge of pleasant ambiance & service d/t the exuberance of their chef and madame; Afaria also has more room between tables; but even going on food alone I'd give the nod to Afaria ONLY if you sit at the "common table" in the "bar" room where you can get both the tapas and regular stuff wheras in the main room they'll no longer serve the tapas. The tapas are really what makes the place special, just as the cotes make Grand Pan different.

Disclosure: it's been years since I've been to l'Os although I ate at their offshoot Les Symples de..... just after it opened; and it's been months since I've been to Regalade, at just the time that Bruno Doucet was breaking away from his Camdeborde carte and hadn't yet found his footing, I hope he has by now.

As I say so often tho' nothing is far from the city center, I go from the extreme northern 18th to the extreme southern 14th and 15th without thinking twice.

Happy eating and please report back.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris