• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Do my work for me . . .

Fat Guy

how do you treat restaurants where chefs changed or culiary focus radically shifted?

It's a case-by-case determination, but in most cases I either have to revisit them before the manuscript deadline or remove them from the book (or both).

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

An elusive goal, but one I'm pursuing vigorously.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now when someone linked to it from another thread. Must be because we were on vacation when it started.

Me too! Though my excuse is I simply stopped eating and stopped reading about food. Bigtime cograts, FG! I hope the chapter about NY's best restaurant accountants is not buried at the end... we're so unappreciated. I'm sure it's too late now, but I think a section on restaurant owners would be extremely interesting, they're mostly such colorful retards. And speaking of which, Pazo opened a few months ago.