• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caviar

Okay not stocking up, but I need to pick a few grams of the good stuff up, and I don't want to go uptown to Petrossian (which is my first choice...where downtown shall I go ? please don't say D&D?

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

buckwheat pancakes. I wish I could spell. blini? anyhow, those, and I think I'm going to steam some giant crabs with some homemade butter and make some fries...

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

buckwheat pancakes. I wish I could spell. blini? anyhow, those, and I think I'm going to steam some giant crabs with some homemade butter and make some fries...

Amazing. Sounds awesome.

Is there anywhere in Chelsea Market that carries good caviar? How about Jefferson Market?

ETA: Apparently The Lobster Place at Chelsea Market carries caviar - the fish I've bought there has always been top-notch. They carry beluga, sevruga, you name it. American, too.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Russ & Daughters?

Of course!!!!!! I knew there was someone I was forgetting!!!!!! I'm so ashamed....

I thought of that - but will it be open on a Friday afternoon?

Aaaah, it will! I checked their site, and they're open till 7:00, Monday-Friday.

Nice!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007