• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Staub sale at Smart Bargains

Melic

www.smartbargains.com

No choice of colors (different for each piece) but I just picked up a birthday present for someone.

coq au van 6-qt with rooster knob - 159.99 reg 220.00

(I don't know if this is round or oval - the picture and the description contradict each other)

black enameled 4.5 qt chicken roaster - 129.99

reg. 200.00 (I just saw this one in Williams-Sonoma)

also: 3 qt round cocotte - 99.00

8 qt round cocotte - 179.99 (2 colors - blue and yellow)

(same price I just paid for my 7 -1/4 qt Le Creuset on Amazon )

12.75 qt oval - 249.99

4.25 oval - 99.99

5 qt round cocotte - green with snail knob -129.99

there are some other pieces - frying pans and smaller cocottes. Usually only one color for each piece.

http://kitchen-and-dining.smartbargains.co...d-dining&isrw=1

Wow nice prices.

I have been wanting to buy one of these instead of a La Ceuset, and Staub never seems to go on sale at Amazon.

Thanks! Looks like the 8-quart will be a new addition to my kitchen. $9.95 shipping isn't too bad. :)

Edited by Batard (log)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

Wow nice prices.

I have been wanting to buy one of these instead of a La Ceuset, and Staub never seems to go on sale at Amazon.

Thanks! Looks like the 8-quart will be a new addition to my kitchen. $9.95 shipping isn't too bad. :)

The 8 quart is what I got for a gift for friend. It arrived yesterday and I haven't opened it up yet to check it out :biggrin: Honestly, if the Staub had gone on sale before I got my large Le Creuset on sale at Amazon a couple of weeks ago, I'd have gone for the large Staub.

I will confess to having gotten the chicken roaster for myself. I have a larger oval Le Creuset that I've had for years, but that smaller chicken was just sqawking out to me. I hope the chicken won't report me it if I prepare something other than chicken in it ...

BTW, if you do a lot of shopping at SmartBargains, you can join their SmartShoppers club for $9.95 per year and all shipping then becomes $2.95 per purchase, regardless of weight. I've bought enough heavy stuff in the last year that it was worth it for me. Unfortunately.