• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SEA] Handi-vac

Has anyone seen the new Reynolds Handi-Vac vacuum sealer, the super-cheap one, for sale around town? I'm planning to order one online, but thought I'd check first. Thanks.

Mamster, I've bought several for gifts at the new Fred Meyer in Ballard, and I think they're also at either Safeway or QFC.

Has anyone seen the new Reynolds Handi-Vac vacuum sealer, the super-cheap one, for sale around town? I'm planning to order one online, but thought I'd check first. Thanks.

Mamster, I've bought several for gifts at the new Fred Meyer in Ballard, and I think they're also at either Safeway or QFC.

Special K~

You must be a fan. Tell us of your experience, please.

Special K~

I am a fan. I love this toy! I've given it to friends and family and even recommended it to perfect strangers in the store. I use it for freezing things (which works out fine except for the unfortunate incident with the flattened scones . . . :shock: ), refrigerating things (cheese, veggies - mushrooms don't get slimy! - etc.), and for bread on the counter (I learned to wrap the bread in a paper sack or paper towel first, cuz the rough bits of crust can puncture the bags). They've taken the place of my beloved green bags.

DH still gets to suck the air out of the brownie baggies, though. :raz:

The batteries last a long time, but when it starts not working so well it is time to replace them (I first try a new bag - yes, I do wash and reuse the old bags - and if it still doesn't work, new batteries go in).

Love 'em! :wub:

Special K~