• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pics of one hundred German ready to eat foods

anzu

The purpose given by the people who took these photos was simply to compare the packaging with how the actual contents look. They state that they prepared the foods (when necessary) in accordance with the instructions, took a photo, then ate it.

That is interesting enough in itself, but I think people here on eGullet will also be interested to see the kinds of junk food, snack food, and ready to eat meals that are available here in Germany.

Link to slide show

here

Interesting to see how many different things there are just across the border from France. But also to see some familiar items with different names.

I live off a lot of these things on my trips to Germany when I can't find anything vegetarian anywhere. Those cheesecake snack bars (83 and 93, I think) are truly delicious.

• 4 weeks later...

This one looks the worst so far. It seriously looks like a piece of lawn with a dog crap on it. Then turned into soup.

"Alternatively, marry a good man or woman, have plenty of children, and train them to do it while you drink a glass of wine and grow a moustache." -Moby Pomerance