• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Early lunching places in downtown Seattle?

I'm looking for a good place to have an early lunch downtown. I currently work in the Bank of America building and have lunch at 9 am. Is there anywhere that's open that time of the day? Even a good breakfast place would do. (Reasonably priced would be nice, as well!)

I normally bring my lunch but have those times when I just have to get out of the office or would like something that hasn't been microwaved. I've been so frustrated. :angry: Most the time I just end up over at the Columbia tower, picking something up from Specialty's.

Misa

Sweet Misa

when I worked at Harborview (and I think you are not far from there but I am geographically impaired to be honest) the answer to what you are asking was always a bowl of Pho (there are a bunch in the area) or I would hit a Vietnamese deli and buy something there hot and cold dishes ..always open early and a real bowl of Pho (not the chain places)

great breakfast for about $6

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Hotels have good restaurants and can be known to cook off the menu. Usually it is someone I know looking for breakfast in the afternoon - so lunch in the morning shouldn't be that difficult. Might be a little too expensive?

You're not that far from Belle Epicurean, which is on 4th about 5 blocks from you. They open for breakfast early and might do lunch sandwiches early. Certainly different enough from Specialty's to be worth an occasional trip.

It doesn't seem like much in Pioneer Square is open that early. You could go up toward the hospital zone for a few more options.

Jason Truesdell

Blog: Pursuing My Passions

Take me to your ryokan, please

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've found a couple of places that will do sandwiches for me. But I think I've come to a compromise... I try to eat breakfast at work during my lunchtime (I have a light snack early in the morning) and then lunch when I get home. It isn't the best situation, but then, neither is waking up at 3:30 am!

Misa

Sweet Misa