• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean BBQ in Manhattan

Nywoman

Have some European visitors who would like to go to a Korean restaurant. There are several in the East 30's, that serve BBQ, but I have no idea how to select a really good one. Please need help

Nywoman

All the Korean BBQ restaurants I've been to are on E. 32nd St between 6th ave and 5th ave. There's Shila, Kang Suh, Choong Moo Ro, and Kum Gang San. Shila is open 24 hours. There is also Kun Jip. I've never been there, but I've heard from friends that it's pretty good.

Hope this helps :)

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. - George Bernard Shaw

star shaped cookies - my blog

my brother and i just had an incredible experience at kunjip (west 32nd btw 5th and bway).

we arrived around 7:30 on friday night and yes, there was a line forming. however, we were handed menus and our order was taken while on line...and 5 minutes later, we were seated! 5 minutes after that, our food began arriving.

delicious steamed mandoo dumplings, korean fried rice cake with beef and vegetables (my personal favorite of the night), juicy, flavorful bulgoki, and wonderful, slightly sweet yet also savory, boneless pork ribs (the bulgoki and pork ribs were both on the BBQ menu).

the service was superb, the food AMAZING, and i would highly recommend it for your next foray into korean BBQ...

DoSirak (in the village) is really good.

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!

I have only tried Kang Suh but it was worth a revisit or 2

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association