• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Swedesboro/Carney's Point Dining

baroness

I'm heading south this weekend for the International Flameworking Conference (yippee! I love to play with fire!!) in Carney's Point (exit 1 of NJT), and will be staying at a hotel in Swedesboro.

Seeking dinner ideas--have car, GPS, and a sense of adventure so it needn't be too local. Prefer ethnic food or seafood; not crazy-expensive as I will be tempted by the glass and tool vendors.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm heading south this weekend for the International Flameworking Conference (yippee! I love to play with fire!!) in Carney's Point (exit 1 of NJT), and will be staying at a hotel in Swedesboro.

Seeking dinner ideas--have car, GPS, and a sense of adventure so it needn't be too local. Prefer ethnic food or seafood; not crazy-expensive as I will be tempted by the glass and tool vendors.

Thanks!

Too bad you didn't get any answers as I would have loved to hear what is happening there now. My mom grew up in Carney's Point (as did Bruce Willis) and we drove down to see my grandmother regularly in the 50's and 60's. It was a VERY small town then and the highlight for me was the corner store which had TastyCakes, which were not available in northern NJ. The fanciest resturant was at the Colonial Motel right by the last exit on the Turnpike. Sometimes we drove somewhere up by Salem to a restaurant in what looked like an old house out in the middle of the fields. All I remember is the awesome coleslaw.