• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' theme chocolates

jcho

Help! I offered to make the chocolates for my lovely stepdaughter's wedding-shower-brunch, and was asked for Tiffany-blue chocolates. Since I have no experience coloring chocolates and (frankly) would rather not, I'm looking for other ideas to propose. A Tiffany box cake and diamond ring cookies are being made by others. I have the geodesic dome mold that looks like a cut gem, am thinking that could be part of it. Any thoughts, anyone?

Am also doing the fruit salad, so any ideas on 'Tiffany-ing' that would be great, too!

Thanks so much

Jennifer

What about some chocolate anythings that are cube shaped, fudge or chocolate you buy or whatever and wrap each piece in tiffany blue paper and ribbon or just tiffany blue ribbon? Rock candy sprinkled around the plate would make a very cute presentation.

white chocolate with tiffany blue marbled through them, edible gold leaf on anything or you could make a large marzipan box coloured tiffany blue witha ribbon and fill that with goodies of anysort?

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Martha Stewart gave her touch to a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed wedding over the summer. I think this was a Today Show project. There are some ideas in the photo galleries documenting the wedding here.

Brides are definitely picking up on this particular trend. I am negotiating with a client around a similar event right now actually.

Thank you all so much! I forgot to mention the bride works for MSLO and wrote the piece on the 'Tiffany's' wedding. I love the cigarettes-in-holders idea, and will definitely propose that. As for what I make, while I am trying to avoid coloring chocolate, the ideas here are so good that I might give in. I'll practice (I have to do some ruby slipper lollipops for another event anyway, might as well dive in) and if I'm not satisfied, will go with one of the wrapping/packaging ideas, around champagne truffles, which would for me be a treat. I've never made them but I imagine one of my excellent book purchases will now be justified... :cool: Rock candy to decorate the plates--excellent.

I knew I could count on the eGullet/P&B gang: Thank you again!

:smile: Jennifer

As for what I make, while I am trying to avoid coloring chocolate, the ideas here are so good that I might give in.  I'll practice (I have to do some ruby slipper lollipops for another event anyway, might as well dive in)

Color is actually pretty easy to deal with if you use the premixed cocoa butters available at Chef Rubber. Check out the "Chocolates with that showroom finish" thread or Trisiad's demo.

I'm not sure just what and how much to mix to get Tiffany blue, but once you figure that out it's not all the difficult to color your molds before casting your bon-bons.