• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Recipes Using Coffee

coffeetaster

Hello -

I am working on compiling a series of recipes that all use coffee. This project is for a presentation to be made at the next Specialty Coffee Association of America conference in Boston. I wanted to be sure to give egullet members an opportunity to submit their favorite recipes for publication. I already have completed my research and have many, many recipes to select from, but wanted to include any other "personal" recipes that my internet friends may have. I am looking for food recipes, either savory or sweet, but no drink recipes as this will be a seminar on culinary topics.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at coffeetaster@hotmail.com. You may submit your favorite recipes to this e-mail also.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Spencer Turer

"Wine give rise to dreams: Coffee to thoughts"

Spencer,

I have an espresso cookbook at home that has a wonderful creme brulee recipe. I'll bring it in to work tomorrow and give you the exact title.

I've also heard of people adding strong coffee to chili, but don't have a recipe to go with that. Just thought I'd throw it out there for you, maybe you could find something similar.

Hope you already have a Tira Misu recipe in your collection.

Cheers,

Hopleaf

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -Ernest Hemingway

Hopleaf -

Thank you for your help. Yes I have Tira Misu. I have listed coffee in chili as one of the discussion examples of coffee in savory dishes, but do not have a specific recipe for that.

Spencer

Coffeetaster

"Wine give rise to dreams: Coffee to thoughts"

• 8 months later...