• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One night in DC

coughy

Coming down to DC on Thursday to see some area colleges. We are staying on Pennsylvania Ave near 24th Street. Where can we go for a fun dinner? Price is not an issue. Anything but Indian food goes.

Thanks

Coming down to DC on Thursday to see some area colleges.  We are staying on Pennsylvania Ave near 24th Street.  Where can we go for a fun dinner?  Price is not an issue.  Anything but Indian food goes.

Thanks

What's "fun?" Elegant, loud, dress-up, jeans?

You're a 15 minute walk from a hundred restaurants at that location.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Might want to consider Mendocino, Circle Bistro, Notte Bianchi,

Hook or maybe walk a couple of blocks and hit Mourayo. Really, though, you're well positioned for almost anything. When I used to stay there on business I liked Marcel's, which may be a little formal, and Bistro Francaise which is basic bistro fare. If you're feeling like you want to be a total hipster tryMie n Yu, though I hear the food's not alarmingly good. And if you want a burger, go to Clyde's.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.