• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Santiago, Sunday night included

Heading off to Northern Spain. Any recommendations for Santiago other than Casa Marcelo which is shut at the moment and not open on the nights we are there. Looking for somewhere on Sunday as well. Driving is possible as we have a car but would prefer something in the town

Any suggestions very much appreciated

• 2 months later...
Heading off to Northern Spain. Any recommendations for Santiago other than Casa Marcelo which is shut at the moment and not open on the nights we are there. Looking for somewhere on Sunday as well. Driving is possible as we have a car but would prefer something in the town

Bump. Also heading off to Santiago, looking for a great place to have dinner on a Sunday night. Something traditional would be welcome, seafood focus, hopefully not too touristy.

Bump. Also heading off to Santiago, looking for a great place to have dinner on a Sunday night. Something traditional would be welcome, seafood focus, hopefully not too touristy.

Hi

I'm afraid that we drew a total blank. There is simply nothing open at all - so we ended up having a big local lunch on the way to Santiago and made do with a sandwich.

If anyone knows of anywhere we missed please do enlighten - we didn't actually check the main drag with all the touristy seafood places but did have lunch there the next day, and the one we chose was superb (and not too expensive either).

Raflap - you could try Toni Vicente.

She's considered to be one of the best chefs in Spain (at least among fellow Galicians) but don't expect anything in the Ferran Adria mold.

The restaurant is in the centre of Santiago and I think has a Michelin star.

I had a great meal there some years ago - the wine list is outstanding as I recall it.