• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

(DFW) DOUGHMONKEY is back! 2008

Richard Kilgore

The DOUGHMONKEY re-opened their Snider Plaza shop a few weeks ago. I stopped by for one of their fine pastries yesterday thinking keylime and chocholate, but came away with a wonderful rustic individual apple pie.

While they have been known for using only quality chocolate in their pastries, they are also carrying fine chocolate bars, including several very hard to find artisinal chocolates.

Also noted: an opening for an assistant pastry chef.

Some of the very best pastry in the area. If you have not been, it's worth checking out.

The DOUGHMONKEY re-opened their Snider Plaza shop a few weeks ago. I stopped by for one of their fine pastries yesterday thinking keylime and chocholate, but came away with a wonderful rustic individual apple pie.

While they have been known for using only quality chocolate in their pastries, they are also carrying fine chocolate bars, including several very hard to find artisinal chocolates.

Also noted: an opening for an assistant pastry chef.

Some of the very best pastry in the area. If you have not been, it's worth checking out.

Thanks for posting this, Richard. I've had some of there fine baked goods before, and I'm happy that we can get them again in a regular retail setting.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I recently made a trip to Doughmonkey.

Has anyone been? Any thoughts? I sampled a few cookies and almost all of their chocolate truffles/molded chocolate pieces. My favorites included the "DeVries Truffle"

and the "Tasmanian Honey."

Here's my blog post about the chocolates and cookies I tried.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Listed in 'Openings & Closings': we've lost Doughmonkey. They closed all business as of Saturday 9/20.

A sad, sad state of affairs ...

Theabroma

Sharon Peters aka "theabroma"

The lunatics have overtaken the asylum

Listed in 'Openings & Closings':  we've lost Doughmonkey.  They closed all business as of Saturday 9/20.

A sad, sad state of affairs ...

Theabroma

A sad state of affairs, indeed.