• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Listing Of Food Festivals?

maddog5150

Does anyone know of a good webiste that lists upcoming food festivals? I've done a Google & Yahoo search and only come up with listings that seem to be less than complete in content.

For example, I'd love to go to the Brazilian festival in Newark in Septemeber, but no website lists this festival. Heck, even the City of Newark's own site doesn't have dates listed.

There's probably sooooo many good festivals that I miss out on without a good resource to find out about them. Can anyone help?

No clue as to how reliable it is, but the first link that came up when I Googled NJ food festivals was this one... If nothing else, you can scroll down to see '07 listings and investigate anything that catches your eye.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

No clue as to how reliable it is, but the first link that came up when I Googled NJ food festivals was this one...  If nothing else, you can scroll down to see '07 listings and investigate anything that catches your eye.

Thanks Curlz. The site you suggested was the first one I came across as well but as you probably noticed, it's not very comprehensive.

Keep the suggestions coming everyone! I know someone's gota have a good link....

I don't know about a food festival list, but I do know that the promoters of the Brazilian festival in Newark are up against a huge clean up bill from the city for last year's festival and will now have to pay more money in advance in order to obtain permits for this year. Ther's a good chance that it aint happening.

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Isn't it called the Portuguese Festival?...And no it isnt currently on GoNewark.com

and there is this one

http://njgin.state.nj.us/OIT_TravelGuide/events.jsp

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association