• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Copenhagen 2008 Michelin

Noma didn't get a third, but Copenhagen retains its status as the #1 city in Scandinavia in terms of the number of restaurants with stars. Sweden continues to be the #1 country in Scandinavia however, with 12 star-restaurants in total... So now, the tourist boards can spin it either way :wink:

Copenhagen Stars

Two stars:

Noma **

One star:

Ensemble *

Era Ora *

formel B *

Geranium * (New)

Kiin Kiin * (New)

Kong Hans’ Kælder *

MR *

Paustian * (New)

Søllerød Kro *

The Paul *

Comments?

Edited by Badabing (log)

formel B *

It is note-worthy that formel B lost their rising star designation from last year. Many had expected them to get the 2nd star.

Also worth noting is that Kiin Kiin is the just 2nd thai restaurant in the world to have a star (according to the owner and danish media)

Can someone tell me whether the 12 stars is a record and if not, what's the max. number that Copenhagen has ever had?

Also, it could be interesting to know exactly what wasn't good enough for formel B to receive the second star this year. Anybody?

Everybody should have a change of dining at Noma - at least once in their life.

My blog

I can not believe that Noma didn't get it's 3rd star. I ate there in January and I have to say that I had the best meal ever (so far). I also ate at two other 3 stars on that gastro tour and they didn't come close. Keep going Rene it will come!

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me whether the 12 stars is a record and if not, what's the max. number that Copenhagen has ever had?

Also, it could be interesting to know exactly what wasn't good enough for formel B to receive the second star this year. Anybody?

12 stars is indeed a record for Copenhagen.

As to why Formel B lost its rising star, I am not sure anyone other than the Michelin inspecotr knows. They have been getting consistently great reviews in danish media.

Noma just got its second star last year, they probably need to maintain their level of cooking for at least another year to get the 3rd star. I am rooting for them though...

12 stars is indeed a record for Copenhagen.

As to why Formel B lost its rising star, I am not sure anyone other than the Michelin inspecotr knows. They have been getting consistently great reviews in danish media.

Noma just got its second star last year, they probably need to maintain their level of cooking for at least another year to get the 3rd star. I am rooting for them though...

Thanks a lot for input! :smile:

Everybody should have a change of dining at Noma - at least once in their life.

My blog