• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin '08, Norway's leading restaurants..

Well, the news is out and most surprising part is that Bagatelle loses one of its two * and totally undeservedly so.

Amongst the restaurants in the Frogner area Bagatelle definetely is in a league of its own, and rqanks way above both Feinschmecker and Le Canard who both keep their one*. Shame on the guide for this demotion!!!

http://www.dn.no/vinguiden/article1332439....rticle_readmore

In the Oslo area Restaurant Oscarsgate and Haga gain 1*, very nice (I'm hardly totally objective having a personal interest in the former of these two).

• 2 weeks later...
Is it completly out of the blue or has the food there been lacking lately? Very nice with two good restaurants beeing recognized.

Defiinetely not as of lately, I believe that the last 23 months the kitchen has become even more focused and cutting edge than ever before, BUT in the fall there was a period where I felt that Bagatelle's performance slumped ever so slightly. Alas, this might have been just the time that the inspectors were there.. :sad:

Haga getting a * was quite shocking for me. Last time I was there (Nov 07) the food was an absolute let down. I know every kitchen can have a bad day, but a * restaurant can't fail completely like they did the evening I was there. It was actually embarrassing on their behalf and I hope Terje Ness reads this. I'm a fan of his cooking and he's a great chef, but that only makes it worse, since I had high expectations....

Edited by thordur (log)