• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Not black-and-tan but black-and-red

Carolyn Tillie

I did this some time ago and have been meaning to post it for some time... Strike it up to the "yeah, this is going to be weird, but what-the-hell" page of my culinary adventures, but I gotta tell you, damn it works and tastes mighty fine!

2324679005_5aa90a8619.jpg

I did this some time ago and have been meaning to post it for some time...  Strike it up to the "yeah, this is going to be weird, but what-the-hell" page of my culinary adventures, but I gotta tell you, damn it works and tastes mighty fine!

2324679005_5aa90a8619.jpg

I think that's fantastic. I will have to try that.

This kind of thing was all the rage a few years back, maybe as many as 10 when I first tried it. It's particularly nice with Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, which doesn't have quite the sweetness of Young's Double Chocolate (and the framboise is plenty sweet on its own). Toss in a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've got a pretty nifty dessert.

Christopher

I'll have to try that!

Might be able to introduce the GF to wild yeast/bacteria beers that way.... I never should have told her what lambic means. The lindemann's is hardly objectionable in any way, thankfully. Quite sweet.

That Young's Double chocolate sure is good.... every once in a while. The head is nearly chocolate milk.

Edited by theisenm85 (log)

• 1 month later...

I've had both on their own, I'm having a tough time imagining the taste, but it looks stunning in the glass. I might have to give it a try, since on their own, they're both good

I had that recently after reading it here, and it was really good, I wish now that I would of had a little ice cream to float in it.

Some thing a little different along the same note, I also really enjoy a black and barrel which is a dark beer like guiness and bourbon barrel ale. Thought to make it perfect I use the seasonal blackout stout from Great Lakes Brewery and kentucky bourbon barrel ale. In fact I may have to do that when i get home from work today.

Jonathan

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.

Aristophanes