• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Petite Cafe

njchick

I am sorry if I am repeating this post. But I happened to be going through some of the older posts last week. I noticed the Petite Cafe, I was not sure which paper it was - so I started checking them all out. The Bergen Record really gave it a nice review - Three Stars.

I live in Clifton - and it really intrigued me to check it out. It is a small cafe - but I do think they are going to have to expand. The food had such flavor and imagination. It was great chit chatting with the couple next to us. I had the Halibut with Lobster Mashed Potatoes and my significant other had the Meditterribean (I'm not sure of the spelling - it is a combo of Meditterean and Carribean spices. It was magnificant.

I have to say Annie Terhune - did not like the chocolate cake - I happened to think it was delightful.

I am so happy I have found such a fun and eceletic restaurant. How come the only way I found out about this - was through this forum??

I have to say that I wholeheartly agree. It is a delightful restaurant. Rosie - have you been to there wine tastings? I just went to the latest one in September. It was like no other wine tasting I have ever gone to.

I have been to Napa Valley, France, Germany and went to many wine tastings. This was very unusual, you bring a wine that they assign you and have a four course dinner and the Chef Kevin, tells you about all kinds of trivia concerning the wines. The food was great - it was an American theme, we had Rainbow Trout, Long Island clams and Filet Mignon. It was a lot of fun.

I have been to Napa Valley, France, Germany and went to many wine tastings.  This was very unusual,  you bring a wine that they assign you and have a four course dinner and the Chef Kevin, tells you about all kinds of trivia concerning the wines.

i'm assuming this is a BYO restaurant?