• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Daniel Boulud Coming to Vancouver

tofino

Both Lumiere and DB Bistro Moderne will open on December 1, according to Alexandra Gill in today's Globe and Mail:

Chef Daniel Boulud and David and Manjy Sidoo will be reopening Lumière and launching DB Bistro Moderne Vancouver on Dec. 1. Both restaurants will begin taking reservations that day: Lumière (604-739-8185); DB Bistro Moderne (604-739-7115).

Cheers,

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

Both DB and Lumiere opened tonight after a week of freebees for friends and family. Walked by tonight around 5:30 just as they opened and the well coiffed masses started trickling in. The place is looking very sleek. Would have grabbed a drink and a bite at the bar if I wasn't on the way to another engagement.

I have a reso for DB next week so looking forward to it. Not sure but didn't see the DB burger on the evening menu, just at lunch ($29.), that's ok there's a Berkshire Pork Duo with my name on it :wink:

Let's see if we can spot all the critics duking it out for first rite of review!

• 1 month later...