• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

aa gill on the Waterhouse

I don't use names so that when they are googling themselves each morning, they don't get alerted and come thundering over here as a certain Observer restaurant critic always seems to do.

I wasn't referring to "bird from Metro", it was the "radioactively unpleasant attitude" comment that caught my eye - utter bollocks as far as I'm aware.

Maybe you don't read her regularly enough, I don't blame you. I don't read her much either as I believe all these free sheets are a major contribution to the mess on London streets.

As for my comment being "utter bollocks", I can't rise to that level of witty banter Oscar so I won't try. I still stand by it though.

Pip pip

S

Maybe you don't read her regularly enough, I don't blame you. I don't read her much either as I believe all these free sheets are a major contribution to the mess on London streets.

I read Marina, and all the other critics pretty much every week (I have missed a few reviews now and again I admit).

I think I've misunderstood you, I apologise. I think what you're saying is that you've inferred from the odd occasion that you've read her reviews that Marina has radioactively unpleasant attitude. I thought that when you wrote "The bird from metro remains anonymous visually but beams such radioactively unpleasant attitude from the moment she comes in the door, you'd be a fool not to spot her." that you were claiming first hand experience. Either way, I can't relate to the comment.

Whilst I find AA Gill's reviews can be amusing, I would always prefer to read Marina's or Jay's or someone like Giles Coren as there tends to be much more useful content about the restaurants and food and less witty banter about themselves and their current state of mind.

His review today is 90% crap, literally, and has put me off food for the rest of the day.