• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liberty Yogurt

... 3 times the fat  of their regular style, not even a lot fat version, but man was it ever good!!

I picked up some of their kefir last week at the new Save-on-Foods at 7th & Cambie ... to die for!! It tastes exactly like my grandma's buttermilk / soured milk.

as its quite a bit more expensive than other types( well worth it though) cheapest place i've found is safeway $3.49/ 500 ml, a $ cheaper than anywhere else iv'e seen it, hads anyone seen it for cheaper?

Well, it looks like Safeway's jacked up the price of their Liberte yogurt. It's $5.49/500mL (or thereabouts). The one of Broadway & Macdonald was also out of stock of most of their flavours too. The Safeway execs must be reading this eG thread and cashing in on its popularity! :raz:

If you go to their website here, you can sign up to be an ambassador and they'll send you 1 free coupon and a few other cents off coupons to hand out. I just bought a 750ml container of the vanilla ( full fat) for 4.69 but with the coupon it was FREE!!!

Hey guys! First post here in the Van forum :smile:

I'm actually not a huge fan of yogurt - except when I have persian food, then I smoother my rice in the stuff.

But after reading all your posts several weeks ago about Liberte Yogurt I popped down to the Milk Man and bought a tub of the Apple Pie

....Two days later I went back and bought the Lemon and Mango/Orange

....Three days later I went back and bought two more tubs.... O_O

I now fear for my wallet and waistline!

• 2 weeks later...

Liberty's creme fraiche is quite passable as well, although like most food items (especially dairy) rediculously priced.

My wife inadvertently picked up some Canadian Parmesan cheese the other day. It was just as expensive as the imported stuff and quite frankly awful. If you can't do it well, then don't do it at all. I guess someone must by such crap otherwise it wouldn't be sold in super markets.

Quite how the averga person can afford to live in Vancouver is beyond me.