• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White Truffle Cream

Shelby

Probably go after it with a spoon :biggrin:

Or a spoonful over a simply cooked chicken breast with maybe some finely chopped chives or other fresh herb to garnish.

I also like truffle oil over cooked green beans, so maybe the cream would also work.

Marcia.

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...he lived happily ever after. -- Willy Wonka

eGullet foodblog

I wish I knew a conspiratorial busboy at said restaurant who could call me 15 minutes before someone is served the $1,000 bagel. Just as they bit into it I'd rush into the restaurant buck naked on roller skates with bottle rockets shooting from my beard and beat them -- and their f__king bagel -- senseless with a giant American flag. With lasers shooting from its tip.

SO, we delved into the unknown and opened the truffle cream just now. We hadn't had breakfast, so we decided a light snack of summer sausage, crostini, cheese and truffle cream. When I opened the jar the smell immediately hit me. Kind of a garlicky smell --a very rich one at that. We smeared dabs of it on the crostini and took a bite.

Really good!!!

I know this jar only had a tiny amount of truffle in it. I cannot imagine how strong a whole truffle must be.

I would go with eggs or really good pasta.

Actually, if it were me, I'd make scrambled eggs in a double boiler until custardy. Lots of of butter with the eggs and finish with a spoonful of the truffle cream and some Maldon salt. Then I'd toast a hunk of bread, butter it, spread a thin layer of truffle cream on that, and pile on the eggs...