• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top Chef Season 4

KristiB50

At Judges Table, I bet Tom was thinking, "Just one grenade...."  It was a sour sullen triptych of petulance.

Another classic quote soon to be a signature line.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

as a person who used to sell cholesterol drugs....25% of cholesterol is attributed to the foods you eat....the other 75% is attributed to your genes....diet and exercise have a moderate affect, since food is only 25% of the total. Just what I learned while pushing the meds.

I saw on the preview that Bourdain is back next week. :smile:

I was wondering if we would ever see him again or if Bravo completely pissed him off with the blog fiasco.

Subject for another thread, but he has three new books on contract including a sequel to Kitchen Confidential!

I was wondering if we would ever see him again or if Bravo completely pissed him off with the blog fiasco.

???? Inquiring minds want to know???

???? Inquiring minds want to know???

Search for the other thread. Basically, Bravo had his blog sponsored by Michelob without his knowledge and he told them to blow.

Oh my goodness Lisa. I am almost at the point of pity for her. I can only imagine what a person has had to endure in order to become that angry and filled with vitriol. Hopefully when she is done with this gig she'll take a break and re-examine her place in life and make some positive changes to find happiness. Either that or sue the producers of TC for making her look like a really mean person. I would hate to believe she really is like that in real life. If she is, she'll be perfect as a mid-level supervisor the rest of her life.

I loved the back shots in this episode. Richard just watching the theatrics. Dale smirking through the diatribe between Spike and Lisa and Andrew. Antonia unsure of whether or not Andrew would really do something scary. Hilarious.

They all looked way tired. I am sure that element is taking its toll.

Oh and Steph plucking her eyebrows in her chef's coat, yeah nice. She is probably very appreciative of that one.

Top Richard, Dale, Steph and Antonia. I think Dale is getting a bad rap as far as the Asian thing goes.

He seems to be able to do a lot of things quite well. Just needs to be in better check of his emotions, slow down a bit and he'll develop into a fine chef.

How thankful is everyone that they are on this season with Richard? They should all be really thankful and really learning from his example. He has taken the high road for the entire season. His example is one to emulate. Professional, a good leader and humble. I'd love to work in his kitchens.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Richard is a grown-up, most of the rest are acting like teenagers whatever their ages are.

You don't grow facial expressions like Lisa's by accident. I think we are seeing the real person and I doubt it was caused by enduring anything. Nice people don't get that way because they had it easy and nasty ones that way because they had it rough. The opposite might even be true for some.

Richard is a  grown-up, most of the rest are acting like teenagers whatever their ages are.

You don't grow facial expressions like Lisa's by accident.  I think we are seeing the real person and I doubt it was caused by enduring anything. Nice people don't get that way because they had it easy and nasty ones that way because they had it rough.  The opposite might even be true for some.

I admit I'm happily anticipating Lisa's second burned rice fiasco, upcoming next week, in the middle of Restuarant Wars. Who will she blame for that? And how sour can the #1 player in the "sour, sullen, triptych of petulance" REALLY get? I don't think we've really seen the depth of Lisa's ass-puckering sourness. I'd love to see that performance in front of Bourdain at the judges' table. Ooooo. As Letterman once said, "Wake up the dog and give it a beer." THIS should be a stellar episode (!)

Clearly my brain has been rotted from reality television and the incredibly deceptive editing.......but I half-wish in the next couple of weeks Richard would be outed as some kind of raving lunatic and evil genius. He's just such a decent and even tempered fellow that it would be an Emmy worthy moment to finally see him flip out a la Dale.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

I think both Spike and Lisa should have hit the road! Spike's childish decision

to take 4 items and only utilize one in any decent fashion for the sake of

screwing with the others shows his true character. Pure sleeze. He and Lisa

could use therapy.

And, Lisa - when asked why she thought she was up for elimination, she has the

gall to say "I don't know . . . why don't you tell me??" Hmmmm . . . remember

the rice you were so concerned about, my dear? Could it possibly have been

not quite up to par?? Hmmmmm?? That grimace and attitude of hers is going to

be her downfall . . . I don't care how good a cook she may be! Personally, I'm

sick of looking at her.

Ah, Andrew. Nutritous or not, that 'sushi' wouldn't fill up my cat, let alone a

police officer. Unfortunately, I see the reasoning behind him getting the boot.

Hmmm, perhaps all 3 of them needed to go. :blink:

I think both Spike and Lisa should have hit the road!  Spike's childish decision

to take 4 items and only utilize one in any decent fashion for the sake of

screwing with the others shows his true character.  Pure sleeze.  He and Lisa

could use therapy. 

And, Lisa - when asked why she thought she was up for elimination, she has the

gall to say "I don't know . . .  why don't you tell me??"  Hmmmm . . .  remember

the rice you were so concerned about, my dear?  Could it possibly have been

not quite up to par??  Hmmmmm??  That grimace and attitude of hers is going to

be her downfall . . .  I don't care how good a cook she may be!  Personally, I'm

sick of looking at her.

Ah, Andrew.  Nutritous or not, that 'sushi' wouldn't fill up my cat, let alone a

police officer.  Unfortunately, I see the reasoning behind him getting the boot.

Hmmm, perhaps all 3 of them needed to go.  :blink:

I say boot all three of them and let the remaining chefs compete. They're the only ones I care about anyway.

At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since. ‐ Salvador Dali

Am I terribly upset that I didn't catch the last two episodes of Top Chef when they aired?

Not so much.

Two weeks ago, I was in Las Vegas drinking and eating far more than should be legal for one man. I spent last week recovering. It took a lot of water and a lot of sleep.

I kept in touch with the latest Top Chef news via your comments. In fact, I kept watch on the topic from Las Vegas. So while I didn't catch the actual shows when they aired, and didn't really miss it all that much, I couldn't stay away from your posts on eGullet.

I'm wrestling with a blog about my travels to Las Vegas right now so I probably won't be posting a diatribe on what I missed on Top Chef. I am sure everyone is disappointed. :smile:

But from the few clips I've seen off the DVD I recorded, I think I can safely play the "match the Chef with what they are" word game-

Lisa/Bitch---Dale/Ass.

Well, just watched the show and look at that, another Top Caterer. I am getting a bit tired of these, frankly. Did the producers just run out of ideas?

In any case, I too was hoping Lisa would get the axe, as she is rather unpleasant, both in personality and to look at. And throwing Andrew under the bus was just downright wrong. She ignored the rules once and calling him out for doing it this time was just plain disgusting. In the end though I think the judges made the right choice. These were the 3 weakest links and will end up getting the boot in the weeks to come.

However, I can see Dale as a real challenge to Richard, everyone's favorite (including mine). Next episode should be fun if Bourdain's on it. Will he be drinking Michelob? :wink:

Cheers! :cool:

AB "Baby vomit with wood chips" can there be a better description of food?

--------------------

I can't believe some idiot decided to serve Tony Laksa! For god sake he has been to the alter of Lasksa. Why would you pick a dish that once it started to go sideways you would serve anyway. Smokey Laksa? I have never had one. gaaah!

--------------------

WTH !!!???? Un F'ing Real.

--------------------

What a total disappointment. I cannot believe they sent home who they did (keeping in mind PST viewers) and allowed the one person who should have gone home to stay and actually help them believe they are worthy of the TC title. Aaaaack! My head just may explode. :shock::shock:

Edited by tmgrobyn (log)
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Oh, no! This one had "train wreck" written all over it once the teams were set...I liked the QuickFire, but have to think that if the other top QF cheftestant had won it and got to pick his/her team, the end result would have been so different...now that Restaurant Wars are over, I'm ready to see the individuals go at it.