• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Easter Sunday Celebration

It’s my 40th birthday on Easter Sunday. An awkward day (and not much notice) to arrange a meal. I don’t drive and I’m based in London. I would like to either go somewhere for a special meal in the capital, or have an excursion to a (grand?/good?/interesting?) hotel with a really worthwhile restaurant. Anywhere within two hours train travel would be a possibility.

Suggestions would be much welcomed.

Hotels your best bet for swish places which also open Sun - I'd recommend Foliage, Capital, Landau at the Langham. Also Claridges should be open.

Also The Square normally opens Sunday evenings.

These are normal Sunday openings - check for Easter Sun arrangements but I have a suspicion many of these will remain open. Given the Bank Hol it should be quite easy to get bookings - most ppl are out of town!

Also bear in mind I think Gordon Ramsay @RHR opens bank holiday mondays - normally a very good day to try to snag a table as its understandably very quiet.

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!