• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oven light replacement

Betts

I have Viking ovens that have thick glass covers over the light bulb that are mega stuck. WD40 does not work, Viking help line is useless.

Any suggestions for loosening the glass domes and still have an oven safe for food? I'll call a service person if I need to but I really hate to spend the money just to change a light bulb.

Sorry, no help from me but I'm interested in replies. I have a Jenn-Air range and can't unscrew the oven bulb (I can hardly reach it) or the grease trap jar.

Ilene

• 2 weeks later...

Take a flash light and look to see if the glass cover is stuck on with food or grease. if so use something like ammonia and water to loosen.

If that doesn't do it go to the dealer and get them to show you how.

Do you still have the owners manual?

Robert

Seattle

Sorry, no help from me but I'm interested in replies. I have a Jenn-Air range and can't unscrew the oven bulb (I can hardly reach it) or the grease trap jar.

Which Jenn Air? They have all the literature on their website, so if you don't still have your manual, you can look up the instructions. It could also be that the light bulb is not the screw-in type, but the pull out type.

We've still got the GE built-in that came with this house. The light has been out for a year or so now--you actually have to call a repairman to replace it--they have to pull the oven out of the wall to get to it. :blink:

I can't wait until this thing completely goes, so the non-cook of the house will decide a new oven is in order.

Deb

Liberty, MO