• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tony Bourdain, brought to you by Michelob

PDC

I thought i was going to go blind, deaf and dumb when I heard Bob Dylan had a wine label. But i respected him no less for it. And then i sought out the Bob Dylan wine and drank deeply from the well. :wub:

So, you know, I think I could actually bear it if Bourdain did decide to endorse a product. And let's just hope it's booze and not a set of cheap-ass cookware.

More foul and malodorous things could happen. Seriously.

I am no real fan of Bordain as I find his shtick to be tiresome. However, i encourage him to cash in as much as he can. Sooner or later, and I hope sooner, it will be over for him and he has every right to make as much as he can any way he can.

"Fans" who pine for ideological purity in their celebrity fixations need to just move on. Bourdain don't owe all you groupies nuthin.

I am no real fan of Bordain as I find his shtick to be tiresome. However, i encourage him to cash in as much as he can. Sooner or later, and I hope sooner, it will be over for him and he has every right to make as much as he can any way he can.

"Fans" who pine for ideological purity in their celebrity fixations need to just move on. Bourdain don't owe all you groupies nuthin.

Purity shmurity - it's about accuracy. And just as Bourdain doesn't owe his fans "purity", he likewise doesn't owe them - or anyone else, for that matter - an explanation, either.

Several years ago at a book signing, Bourdain said that he had been offered a big chunk of money by some people in New York if he would put his name on a restaurant, just hire the kitchen crew and then collect the money. He refused.

Several years ago at a book signing, Bourdain said that he had been offered a big chunk of money by some people in New York if he would put his name on a restaurant, just hire the kitchen crew and then collect the money.  He refused.

And that's why I'm a fan.

Me, too. (OK, because of the wit and the snark and excruciating candor, too.)