• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[ATL] Moore Farms CSA

JAZ

I've been ordering vegetables, eggs and meat from Moore Farms' CSA for a few months now. They're based in Alabama, but metro Atlanta seems to be their biggest market. They grow some of the products themselves, but also act as a coordinator for other farms, so their selection is more varied than most CSAs I've looked into before. The quality has been excellent, and the selection -- even during the winter -- has been good, too.

In addition to the more usual CSA selection of fruits and vegetables, they offer a limited selection of meats from local (Southeast) farms. The lamb (from Johnson Family Farms) and pork (Berkshire, from Riverview Farms) has been fabulous.

Another great thing (for me at least -- since I'm cooking for one or two at most) is that although they offer the standard CSA box of their own selection, you can also order exactly what you want. There's a small fee for that, but it's worth it to me. You don't have to order every week, either, which is also nice.

I don't know how well known they are, so I thought it was worth mentioning here. If anyone is interested, check out their site at Moore Farms and Friends.com

Anyone else a customer? Any other CSAs out there that are worth checking out?

I've been ordering vegetables, eggs and meat from Moore Farms' CSA for a few months now. They're based in Alabama, but metro Atlanta seems to be their biggest market. They grow some of the products themselves, but also act as a coordinator for other farms, so their selection is more varied than most CSAs I've looked into before. The quality has been excellent, and the selection -- even during the winter -- has been good, too.

In addition to the more usual CSA selection of fruits and vegetables, they offer a limited selection of meats from local (Southeast) farms. The lamb (from Johnson Family Farms) and pork (Berkshire, from Riverview Farms) has been fabulous.

Another great thing (for me at least -- since I'm cooking for one or two at most) is that although they offer the standard CSA box of their own selection, you can also order exactly what you want. There's a small fee for that, but it's worth it to me. You don't have to order every week, either, which is also nice.

I don't know how well known they are, so I thought it was worth mentioning here. If anyone is interested, check out their site at Moore Farms and Friends.com

Anyone else a customer? Any other CSAs out there that are worth checking out?

Thanks for the info. I emailed one near my house (and just over the ridge from some property we own) and they never responded. :(