• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food sites on the west side of Oahu

Alberts

I need some help from the Hawaii crew.

I will be on Oahu for three days at the end of this month and I would like to find some local food sites along the west side of the island (Nanakuli, Maili, Waianae, Makaha). In particular, farmers markets, small local restaurants/food stands or food shops.

I don't know this area at all. Any thoughts?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Here's one thread on Oahu, but it's a couple of years old.

I'm drawing a blank on farm stands and food stands on the west side of O'ahu - although, if you're more northwest (up towards Kahuku) the shrimp trucks are great. I saw corn, shrimp and other veggie stands and trucks from there headed back down towards the west side. You might also want to check the Hawaiian Farmers Market schedule. Oh - and sometimes, if you see a big silver paneled truck parked by the side of the road, you can get a plate lunch from them - plate, loco moco, or steak teriyaki, etc.