• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Texturas in Barcelona

So I've reached the conclusion that my life will be meaningless without playing around with some food chemicals over the next couple of months. Which means I'll need to buy some. I've seen the reverse spherification kit for sale at €116, but I already have lecithin and agar agar, so I'm wondering if anybody knows an outlet in Barcelona that is selling the products individually? Or, if not, maybe an outlet that can beat that price?

Simple questions really...

So I've reached the conclusion that my life will be meaningless without playing around with some food chemicals over the next couple of months. Which means I'll need to buy some. I've seen the reverse spherification kit for sale at €116, but I already have lecithin and agar agar, so I'm wondering if anybody knows an outlet in Barcelona that is selling the products individually? Or, if not, maybe an outlet that can beat that price?

Simple questions really...

Go to the source, Sole Graells. They manufacture the products for Adria et al. Even if you weren't looking for the Texturas, is a cool kitchen and pastry shop, definitely worth a visit.

Sole Graells

Príncep Jordi, Nº 2-8

08014, Barcelona

(+34) 93 423 51 31

in google maps

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.