• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lumpia wrappers

hummingbirdkiss

my larder is getting low so I could use some help here with some things I really need to use up...

or perhaps be directed?

I have three packages of frozen lumpia wrappers and lots of frozen berries ..I would like them to be together... but not deep fry anything (I am out of oil)

..have plenty of butter and some sugar ..honey ..cream cheese ...Cointreau...

can I layer them like a pastry on top of the fruits or will that get soggy?

anyone have any suggestions on how to put this together?

thank you in advance

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Hummingbirdkiss - you don't have to deepfry them, you can do the same thing in the oven. Make like a sweet spring roll with the berries, cream cheese and just put a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake. When one side is browned, turn over to finish the other side.

Yes, layering them (the wrapper) like pasty will make them soggy.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

thanks so much Doddie I will do that I am going to thicken the filling first however maybe with some masa because there is a lot of juice and the cream cheese was off so I tossed it ....I was really close to just sitting them on top of the fruit ..I am so glad you intervened or I would have had a mess I bet ..

Piglet 

I live in the South Puget Sound area of WA and they are in the freezer section of most Asian Markets here ..also Safeway, QFC and Albertsons have them as well ..next to won ton skins and egg roll wrappers...quite easy to find...and we have a few brands as well

Piglet