• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saveur

forever_young_ca

I haven't been since the summer of 2006, and that was for lunch, which I quite enjoyed.

Yoonhi was there last summer with friends, and liked it enough to go back.

My impression was that they did a very good lunch crowd (with a location that suits it, tucked back around the corner from the offices) but that the same location, out of sight of the evening crowds, doesn't help them much.

If I was living in Vancouver, and had the occasion to be around that part of Robson, I would be including them in my options.

• 4 months later...

I have been to Saveur several times. It is a hidden gem. It is run by a talented husband and wife team - chef Stephane and front of house Nathalie.

The food is top notch and in my opinion the fish dishes are better than at C restaurant. I think the restaurant has not received the acclaim it should due to location and a humble interior design. I really wish they would consider better window treatments to block out the traffic and make it a bit more intimate.

The food is outstanding and the menu is a manageable size so everything is done to the highest standards. The prix fixe menu is a great deal and the wines are reasonably priced. Nathalie really knows her wines so I always rely on her recommendations.

I would encourage you to give Saveur a try. I have always had a great experience there.