• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lucien

degustazione

I know I'm in the minority but my experience with Scot Woods has not been that successful (so haven't tried Lucien).

IMO he just doesn't know how to 'compose' a dish. Although the cooking is sound (more than competent) I can never understand why the dish components are put together. Seems to just be a scattering of random foods on the plate with no consideration of how they will blend. Each part is fine - just make no sense (to me) together. And impossible to match with wine.

Czehoski OTOH is a revelation. One of the most exciting places in town. Last time I was there, was served a 'Veal Brain Sloppy Joe' - perfectly cooked with a lovely crunch. But the service is 'not always the best' - go on a slow night.