• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Delia’s Cheat Ingredients

Delia is taken to task for high salt content of her new cheater recipes:

Link to BBC story.

Campaigners have attacked TV chef Delia Smith over high levels of salt in some recipes in her new book and series "How to Cheat at Cooking".

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

And her pronunciation of so many now everyday ingredients drives me insane, for example Balsamic (ballsarmic) Tarragon…etc  :angry:

I seems to me she wants to create her own Delia dictionary

She may just have an accent. which is something we can't really criticise her for. Personally I find Nigel Slater's way of talking very irritating, but I like to think he isn't camping it up deliberately.

S

Edited by sunbeam (log)

And her pronunciation of so many now everyday ingredients drives me insane, for example Balsamic (ballsarmic) Tarragon…etc  :angry:

I seems to me she wants to create her own Delia dictionary

She may just have an accent. which is something we can't really criticise her for. Personally I find Nigel Slater's way of talking very irritating, but I like to think he isn't camping it up deliberately.

S

I suspect its deliberate as with previously mentioned Hoomousse & Choritzo

• 2 months later...

that delia show and new book and the overwhelming response it had, once again proved to me that although UK has some of the best and most expensive restaurants in the world, the average quality of food that is cooked at bristish homes is still awful... I think it will take many many years for the love and care for food to reach the masses, in a similar way that it is in mediteranean countries, and elswhere.