• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bodegon

rgruby

Took the mutt for a stroll down College today and noticed El Bodegon shuttered with a note saying the Corner Stone was coming.

Didn't look like they were moving - I'm assuming they've closed up for good.

In other news, it looks like Nikolau's has survived the fire on Queen St - they're not open but the store looks intact. I suspect they may have some smoke and/or water damage though - two doors to the east is gone.

Cheers,

Geoff

I'm sorry to hear about El Bodegon, not because their food was super-fantastic, but because they were such a comforting, un-trendy presence on that stretch of College. And they were the first Peruvian restaurant I ever tried, about 13 years ago.

Glad to hear Nikolaou isn't, er, toast. Such a great store with helpful staff. I hope to see them back up and running soon.