• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry Display Papers

stscam

French pastry shops display slices of cakes in rows and divided by round papers upon which each slice sits, and that are folded up to protect the sides.

Standard cake doilies might work, but I don't want to go that route.

Try as I might I cannot find a source for these on the Internet. Does anyone have a U.S. or Canada source for these elusive thingees?

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Smith

Glacier Country

I'm not positive about the exact ones are that you are referencing. I just want to toss this out there. You can often use muffin wrappers for a zillion uses by making new folds (for example like North South East West) on the pleated part Thus increasing the area on the bottom of the wrapper. And/or cutting off part of the top of the muffin wrapper if it is too tall for the serving. Cut the whole stack at once or whatever may be half a stack at a time.

I mean you can place square brownies in round muffin wrappers and have it look great. I mean I have three different sizes of muffin papers on hand all the time. And they can be folded to serve heart shaped stuff and etc.

So that's what I do for individual servings where I want folks to self serve without ooey gooey slicing issues and fingers all over everything. You can get the pleats to conform to your serving.

Probably not what you meant but this works also.

These aren't round, but I think they might be similar: Qualita - Fresh Wrap

(Oh, wait. At the bottom of the size list, they have round ones.)

I've ordered other things from them and their service was great.