• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Persian restaurant in Seattle

It's not a restaurant, but Lake City has a very decent Persian bakery called Minoo.

My Googling thus far has revealed only Kolbeh and Caspian Grill. Is that really it for Persian restaurants here? If so, which one (if either) would you recommend?

Jason Truesdell

Blog: Pursuing My Passions

Take me to your ryokan, please

It's not a restaurant, but Lake City has a very decent Persian bakery called Minoo.
My Googling thus far has revealed only Kolbeh and Caspian Grill. Is that really it for Persian restaurants here? If so, which one (if either) would you recommend?

Hmm, went to a party at a good Persian restaurant on Lake City years ago. Is it still there? South-West side of the intersection...

Seattle has a serious dearth of good Eastern Med/Middle Eastern restaurants in general. There have been a handful of good ones over the years, but they never make it in the long term. What I would really like to see is someone open a higher end place.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

We really enjoy the Caspian Grill, but haven't been in quite some time. The food is very good and authentic (my previous husband is Persian), but the service is sometimes awkward.

Cheers,

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

• 1 month later...

It is more of a Middle Eastern/Pakistani place, but Usmania in Mill Creek does a very good job with their food. I would not call it Persian, though.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA