• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Unique "designer" beef menu = KC

moosnsqrl

Hey kids, if you've had enough green beer and bad corned beef and cabbage . . .

Starker's March 17

I hope you'll join us!

Edited by moosnsqrl (log)

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Starker's March 17

I hope you'll join us!

Yes, yes, can I join your table?

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Starker's March 17

I hope you'll join us!

Yes, yes, can I join your table?

Did anyone go? I would love to hear about this dinner!

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Me too, I was not able to go. Ended up with a Farmers Market Executive Board meeting and I had to be there.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I can't comment on the food, but we had a great turn out. 50 people were at the dinner and we all had a great time cooking it. I am very excited to work with such a very special product. it is so tender and the flavor is second to none. We have the strip on the menu now but will probably sell out tomorrow. We will also have the short ribs on the menu this weekend. Also I was very excited that we have our first morels of the year in now. They are beautiful!!

It is easier to change a menu than a growing season.

I can't comment on the food, but we had a great turn out.  50 people were at the dinner and we all had a great time cooking it.  I am very excited to work with such a very special product.  it is so tender and the flavor is second to none.  We have the strip on the menu now but will probably sell out tomorrow.  We will also have the short ribs on the menu this weekend.  Also I was very excited that we have our first morels of the year in now.  They are beautiful!!

Glad to hear it was a success but it concerns me that you can't comment on the food - surely you tasted it before you sent it out? :laugh:

This is the first I've heard of morels . . . do you know (in a very vague sense, I mean - no one in their right mind would tell you precisely) where they came from? My "spotters" who usually have the first ones around haven't had any sightings yet - and they are fortunate enough to have some come up in their window boxes.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

I can't comment on the food, but we had a great turn out.  50 people were at the dinner and we all had a great time cooking it.  I am very excited to work with such a very special product.  it is so tender and the flavor is second to none.  We have the strip on the menu now but will probably sell out tomorrow.  We will also have the short ribs on the menu this weekend.   Also I was very excited that we have our first morels of the year in now.  They are beautiful!!

Glad to hear it was a success but it concerns me that you can't comment on the food - surely you tasted it before you sent it out? :laugh:

This is the first I've heard of morels . . . do you know (in a very vague sense, I mean - no one in their right mind would tell you precisely) where they came from? My "spotters" who usually have the first ones around haven't had any sightings yet - and they are fortunate enough to have some come up in their window boxes.

Don't you people play with my emotions like this.....we have at least a month before the markets open and you're already starting in with the morel talk. Judy, you keep doing recon with your spotters and I'll interrogate some of the hippies who are always walking around the Parkville nature trail.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

I can't comment on the food, but we had a great turn out.  50 people were at the dinner and we all had a great time cooking it.  I am very excited to work with such a very special product.  it is so tender and the flavor is second to none.  We have the strip on the menu now but will probably sell out tomorrow.  We will also have the short ribs on the menu this weekend.   Also I was very excited that we have our first morels of the year in now.  They are beautiful!!

I am getting my morels from the west coast. They are beautiful and have great flavor!! We just got in local sunchokes on friday. Prettiest and tastiest I have ever had!

I am getting my morels from the west coast.  They are beautiful and have great flavor!!  We just got in local sunchokes on friday.  Prettiest and tastiest I have ever had!

Although all of that sounds great, I'm waiting for the ramps to arrive! Are there any forecasts of them on the horizon?

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

I am getting my morels from the west coast.  They are beautiful and have great flavor!!  We just got in local sunchokes on friday.  Prettiest and tastiest I have ever had!

Although all of that sounds great, I'm waiting for the ramps to arrive! Are there any forecasts of them on the horizon?

I should be getting some in next week so I have been told from my suppliers.

Patience little grasshopper will bring many rewards