• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

As foodiehall is going to the ACC tourney...

Lan4Dawg

in Charlotte Fuss and I are going to the SEC women's hoops tourney in Nashville the first week in March. We will be there all week so will hit our usual favorites--Flyte, Mad Platter, Zola--but was hoping for suggestions w/in walking distance of the Sommett Center for dinner between games or if any one has suggestions for some thing new & exciting in / around Nashville then let me know.

HDHD!

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

I can't think of anything new in and around the sommet center. then again, i'm of the opinion that downtown is basically a wasteland outside of merchant's and sole mio.

if you've not had a chance to go to rae's gourmet for lunch, you might want to consider it. the wicked chicken, black & bleu, hot brown, and beastie boy are all quite good.

i believe i suggested pat martin's bbq joint in nolensville, back during the cfb season. if you didn't go last time, go this time! he's a poster here (big hoss), and it is quite good imho.

over in east nashville, there's a new sweet shop called sweet 16th, which might provide something to snack on back at the hotel or on the ride home. the cupcakes change daily, iirc.

i may try this relatively new breakfast place this weekend called pfunky griddle

There are a couple of new places around Nashville that I've heard good things about, though I haven't made it to any of them. Also, they aren't terribly close to the Sommet Center.

Andrew Chadwick's at Rutledge Hill is about a mile away. The Tennessean reviewed it here, and the Nashville Scene's review is here. This is on my list for hitting soon.

I've heard good things about City House, but the comments on Chowhound are mixed. Reviews are here for the Nashvile Scene; and here for the Tennessean. City House is probably a mile and a half from the Sommet Center, and I definitely wouldn't make that walk.

I think The Standard at the Smith House has been open for a year or two. It's about a half-mile from the Sommet Center. It's in a restored 1840's townhouse with an interesting history. They do serve lunch on weekdays. I've eaten here, but I can't remember a thing about the food or service. Either I was too busy talking, or I was too interested in the house itself to remember anything.

And last, but certainly not least, don't overlook tayst, on Hillsboro Pike, just south of Hillsboro Village. It's been open several years (so not new), but it's one of my favourites.

I can't think of anything new in and around the sommet center. then again, i'm of the opinion that downtown is basically a wasteland outside of merchant's and sole mio.

if you've not had a chance to go to rae's gourmet for lunch, you might want to consider it. the wicked chicken, black & bleu, hot brown, and beastie boy are all quite good.

i believe i suggested pat martin's bbq joint in nolensville, back during the cfb season. if you didn't go last time, go this time! he's a poster here (big hoss), and it is quite good imho.

over in east nashville, there's a new sweet shop called sweet 16th, which might provide something to snack on back at the hotel or on the ride home. the cupcakes change daily, iirc.

i may try this relatively new breakfast place this weekend called pfunky griddle

thx carpetbagger....

we are planning to hit Martin's on our way up on Monday (see the Southern Food Board).

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

1) doesn't seem any different than going to a fondue place or korean bbq

2) just to say i've been there in case someone asks

3) i don't always feel like waiting an hour + to eat at loveless (after driving out there) or pancake pantry. the service at le peep has gone downhill. monell's saturday breakfast hours aren't necessarily in line with my weekend schedule.

All fine reasons. But if I'm going to drag my lazy arse out of bed for a weekend restaurant brunch, the last thing I want to do is cook it too.

At the same time, it could be fun in a fondue party sort of way. Once, maybe twice.

I wonder if one can send their order back if it isn't properly prepared.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter