• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Luxardo Maraschino in Vancouver, BC

DerekW

At long last I've managed to get hold of some Luxardo Maraschino, retail, in Vancouver.

Doing so has involved ordering a full six bottle case, which I'll be picking up sometime next week.

I don't need all six bottles, so if there are any local cocktail explorers who want to go in on the purchase, please consider yourself invited to drop me a PM.

This is strictly not a commercial enterprise of any sort on my part, and I'm not going to be making any money on the deal; I just thought that there might be one or two folk who, like me have sought the stuff and wearied of the LDB process.

Oh, and as far as I can tell, I'm not contravening the eGullet guidelines in making this post, but if I'm wrong, or am offending anyone then please let me know, and I'll take it down. It may take a wee while to work through all six bottles myself but that's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make :smile:

Darn, I would have bought one off you a year ago lol. Family members went to Seattle a while ago and brought me back some Maraska Maraschino. I like Luxardo better, but don't use maraschino enough to justify buying another bottle.

Have to find more cocktail recipes that use it...

Have to find more cocktail recipes that use it...

It was the opposite problem that led me to the case-order :laugh: 211 recipes on CocktailDB...

Once Aviations and Emersons entered the rotation here it was only a matter of time for the bottle brought home by travelling family.

I've never had the Maraska product; how would you describe the difference?