• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book about Savory Chocolate Dishes

A Patric

Hi all,

Some time ago I ran across a huge and very expensive book by a chef at Valrhona that included only savory chocolate recipes. Since then I can't manage to find the reference again. Does anyone know what that book is called? I know that Amazon.com did stock it.

Best,

Alan

Hi all,

Some time ago I ran across a huge and very expensive book by a chef at Valrhona that included only savory chocolate recipes.  Since then I can't manage to find the reference again.  Does anyone know what that book is called?  I know that Amazon.com did stock it.

Best,

Alan

Fusion Chocolate by Frederic Bau?

Hi all,

Some time ago I ran across a huge and very expensive book by a chef at Valrhona that included only savory chocolate recipes.  Since then I can't manage to find the reference again.  Does anyone know what that book is called?  I know that Amazon.com did stock it.

Best,

Alan

Fusion Chocolate by Frederic Bau?

That's the one. I thought that you might know. In fact, I think that we may have briefly talked about this book when we were in NYC.

Thanks!

Alan

also available at JB Prince a little bit cheaper

while not focused entirely on chocolate, the Duby's of Canada also have a book which is a sort of savory/sweet fusion type book (Wild Sweets II, I think)

Thank you. I have run across the Dubys' site and books, and will have to look into the books a bit more one day.

Alan

I was looking at the Duby 2 book today over at a friends house. Beautifully photographed. But I think I'll wait until I see it at one of my cheap bookstores, nothing that said "buy me at full price".

Fusion is on my short list of books I've wanted for a long time and can't believe I don't already have. I'm going to have to remedy that situation soon. I have both of the Duby's books and love them. The first one isn't focused entirely on chocolate (but it shows up fairly often despite that), the second one, Wild Sweets: Chocolate does indeed incorporate chocolate in some form in every recipe in the book including sections on fish, shellfish and meat. I've been having a lot of fun with both books.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.