• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Creuset Round 7.25qt $169.99 - 5.5qt $149.99

JoshRountree

I've been on the hunt for a Le Creuset Round Oven for a while and just bought one on Ebay for $165. Just my luck, they went on sale at Amazon. If you're in the market for a Le Creuset Round French oven, the price is right:

7.25qt $169.99

5.5qt $149.99

Fatwallet thread, I have an email alert for Le Creuset stuf...

Hope this helps someone out. It might not last long.

Comfort yourself, Rachel. Caro may have been lurking patiently on eBay until the right deal came along, or gone to a Le Creuset outlet, coupons in hand for just the right time and discount.

Or she may have won a lottery ticket and thought you were well worth the winnings. I would. :wub:

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Plus, Rachel dear, they will last your great-great-great grandchildren's lifetime.

They are indestructable, and damned good at what they do.

Someone will lovingly look at your LC 7 quart French Oven in about 100 years and say "I remember when Nana Rachel made beef stew in this, it was the best stew ever. She said it had fairy dust in it........"

Some things are, indeed, worth the cost. LC is one of them.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

I agree about the worthwhile things, and tuning in here every day is certainly one of them.

You all BRIGHT me.

We've used the pots MANY times---DS#2, who had a reading tutor for several years and calls 'em as he sees 'em, took a look at the name on the lid, and said just the other day, "Are we gonna cook the pot roast in the Licoricey pot?"

They DO make a killer pot roast in or out of the oven---these are REDDD, a deep cherry coughdrop red that is cheery on the shelf. And on my black stove with her pretty red handles---so pretty.

PS. I'm Ganjin; Nana is one of their other Grandmothers.

I just saw this back up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004SBH...TF8&me=&seller=

Someone will lovingly look at your LC 7 quart French Oven in about 100 years ...."

That's a lot of money, I can't justify the cost even though I know the material is great. Does anyone have a hundred year old one for sale? :P

Edited by Batard (log)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

Thanks for the alert and to Josh. I just ordered one after having missed it the first go round. I've been using an all aluminum one that my mom got in the early 50's. Heavy and well constructed, but only 3.5 qts. Mucho Mahalo.

Raoul

"I drink to make other people interesting".

Thanks for the alert and to Josh.  I just ordered one after having missed it the first go round.  I've been using an all aluminum one that my mom got in the early 50's.  Heavy and well constructed, but only 3.5 qts.  Mucho Mahalo.

Raoul

You made your purchase just in time! As of right now, the 7.25 quart is back up to $259.99. :shock:

It looks like the price is going up and down every other day. ???

Edited by Batard (log)

Fergus Henderson

Thanks for the alert and to Josh.  I just ordered one after having missed it the first go round.  I've been using an all aluminum one that my mom got in the early 50's.  Heavy and well constructed, but only 3.5 qts.  Mucho Mahalo.

Raoul

You made your purchase just in time! As of right now, the 7.25 quart is back up to $259.99. :shock:

It looks like the price is going up and down every other day. ???

It looks like the price goes up and down about every 12 hours. Go figure. I snagged one very late last night, after missing the deal the first time and then unsuccessfully arguing with myself that I'd been satisfied with the smaller 5 1/2 quart model for decades. I've bought almost no kitchen/cookware stuff from Amazon since they discontinued the $25 off purchases of $125 or more deal they used to offer. I'm glad I don't actually need to buy anything kitchen-related. It's gotten noticably more expensive in the last couple of years - and good deals on things you'd actually want to have in the first place seem fewer and farther between. Not surprising to me.

If the 5.5qt pops up again for $149.99, I'm gonna snap it up.

It's more about the game now than truly needing it. ;)

Edited by Batard (log)

Fergus Henderson

If you're a member of Costco, you can buy this Le Creuset 6.75 qt. French Oven at its current everyday price of $189.99, shipping & handling included.

My boss told me about an offer years ago where American Express was offering an eleven-piece set (only in green) of Le Creuset for about $250.00 USD (you read correctly). Amex has never made that offer since ...

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

If anyone is looking for deals on Le Creuset, go to their website and check on the locations of their stores at outlet malls. If there is one near you go check it out. They have a store at the outlet malls in Woodburn, Oregon, South of Portland on I-5. Great prices.

If you're a member of Costco, you can buy this Le Creuset 6.75 qt. French Oven at its current everyday price of $189.99, shipping & handling included.

It's a great price, but I think a lot of people prefer the round instead of the oval shape.

Fergus Henderson

Did this deal just end or something? I get "We're sorry, this product is not available. Product number: 11270087" when I click that link.

The deal comes and goes. I try to update it when it comes back. It's been up 3 times total. He was talking about the Costco deal...

Edited by JoshRountree (log)

Did this deal just end or something? I get "We're sorry, this product is not available. Product number: 11270087" when I click that link.

:shock: I don't believe this! :shock:

It was showing the picture of the product with that price this Sunday afternoon. Now, I get that same message you got, that it's no longer available. Sorry about that ... :sad:

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

You can get a 7.25 qt. Le Creuset oven in Satin Black only for $149.99 shipped. They also have a 6 piece set with a 5.5 oven for $279.99. Both great deals as other Satin Black pieces are full price! As of 6:35 PM EST it's still there at that price. I just checked!

http://www.amazon.com/Creuset-Quart-Round-...03982405&sr=1-7

You can get a 7.25 qt. Le Creuset oven in Satin Black only for $149.99 shipped. They also have a 6 piece set with a 5.5 oven for $279.99. Both great deals as other Satin Black pieces are full price! As of 6:35 PM EST it's still there at that price. I just checked!

Hate to ask a stupid question, but does "satin finish" mean that they are not enameled? I noticed that their list price is less that the Creuset's specifically labeled "enamled", and wondered why their was a difference.

Fergus Henderson

Hate to ask a stupid question, but does "satin finish" mean that they are not enameled? I noticed that their list price is less that the Creuset's specifically labeled "enamled", and wondered why their was a difference.

Yes, the piece is fully enameled. Only a few pieces are reduced in this color. Most are the same price or even more than the colored ones. The interior is their high temp enamel, which will hold up better over time and take higher temps without damage. The exterior is a different matte black enamel. It's very stylish if you don't mind all that black, and a great deal. Nice to not have to worry about the light interior staining or losing it's shine over time.

If you look to the right on that page you will see cooking.com has it for $259.99 now, which is the usual price. It's quite a buy!

Edited by Blondelle (log)

Price back up again at Amazon:

Price: $259.95

I'm still gonna sit and wait for the 5.5 oven to come back up.

Deal of the minute:

Le Creuset 2 3/4 Quart Oval Oven - $59.99

http://www.amazon.com/Creuset-Quart-Oval-O...8&s=home-garden

Edited by Batard (log)

Fergus Henderson

In this morning's email was one from Chefs Catalog stating "Look what's new from Le Creuset" and clicking on the "New" takes you to

This page.

I'm not sure what is actually "New" as these all seem to be things that have been around for a while.

A friend sent me this link to Factory Direct 2 You and asked if I thought the prices were all that great. Compared to the regular prices, they aren't bad, but one can often find new or nearly new items on ebay. The free shipping is a bonus, considering the weight of cast iron.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

This has no barring on anyone here but it cracks me up when $150-$200 for a cast iron pot is considered a good deal. Compared to it's retail price, I guess it IS a good deal but this thought pops into my head...why not pay $50 for a Lodge? It's not ceramic coated but still could be used with success. If not Lodge, why not a large Chamba casserole clay pot if you're worried about acidity reaction? Is spending that much just for the ease of use and versatility?

Edited by Octaveman (log)

My Photography: Bob Worthington Photography

My music: Coronado Big Band