• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pourable white chocolate fondant

Joni

you can color regular pouring fondant; or I use Felchlin ultra gloss chocolate coating (I like how it covers and tastes better than fondant) and you can color that (pastels look better!  :wink: )

Thanks..where do you buy it? I looked on the website, but they do not give locations.

I buy the Felchlin from Swiss Chalet Fine Foods - they have three locations. The main one is in Miami, then there's a warehouse in NJ and I think somewhere in Texas? Not sure about that one. I think the website for more info is Swiss Chalet

If you go for the Felchlin ultra gloss, you want the disks, they melt a lot easier (it's also available in a bucket). You can either pour it over the petit fours, or dip them (like chocolates.) I dip mine, and like to do it while they are still frozen if possible to minimize the crumbs. But you'll have to strain the chocolate occasionally to get rid of the crumbs and keep the bowl on a heating pad or return it to simmering water as it begins to thicken and to melt more. Sometimes you have to dip them twice, it depends on whether you like to see the layers within or not. The coverage will depend on the viscosity of the chocolate. With fondant, I always dipped twice and hated how it crusted; for me it's so much easier to use the coating chocolate.

I bet you could use any other brand of coating chocolate. I've only used Van Leer dark so my guess is Van Leer in white would work equally as well.